Tuesday, January 21, 2014

We Need Each Other




                                                    We Need Each Other (Kingdom Hearts 2)

     We sit here alone on the beach, within a dark night. I never thought I’d see you again. Our lives were much simpler on that Island. Do you remember? We’d search for items to make a raft, to stay fed on our journey. I wanted to leave that place so bad. I knew in my heart that there was more to this than just our world. I knew that there was more to me. Well we’d soon see wouldn't we. We’d soon meet ourselves as we made ourselves in these unpredictable moments. Your’e predictable now. I’m predictable now.  On the Island, as kids, we were the same. You know? We had the same goals. We loved the same things. I really did love her, and I love her still. I know you do too. I want you to know that I’ve always loved you. You’re like my brother. Only blood could make us closer. 

     Did you know that I wanted so much to be like you? I wanted to have your confidence, to have your self assurance that everything would always be ok. You’re a prince to me. We sit here silently, now with all the time in the world. There’s a world out there that we made whole, together. 

     Do you remember the day the sky opened up? I walked through that door gladly. I wanted to know what was out there. I wanted an adventure. Nothing could've prepared me for what I’d find or what I’d lose. We’ve both lost so much. I remember when I found you in Traverse Town…ok ok…you found me. I was so relieved to see you, but there was one person missing. One person we needed to complete our trinity. 


     Her name has a home in my dreams. We wanted to find her, but our methods, and my conscience divided us in the belly of a whale. You knew about her current state and I didn’t. You were desperate and alone. I had good company and a purpose more greater than I would ever know. I wish we would have began our journey here, the three of us on this moonlit night. Maybe our Key Blades never would have had to meet. Maybe they would never have to meet again. My two new friends, they love me now as you and I once loved each other. I know that we are like fractured glass now, but it’s time to go home. It’s time to be our trinity once again. I still have that fruit you know. It’s time to return it. What do you say? Let’s go.

2 comments: