Thursday, January 2, 2014

Grasping

Us people, it fell down for us with the grasping
with the ability to grasp at the folds of children
with the opposable thumbs, separate from the
direction of our digits, unable to grasp at anything
but the flesh of babies.  can we go to eat without us?
Us people, it hurts to want and not be able to grab.
I want to say I am sorry but I am not too sure why.
I am sure that I haven't held on hard or long enough.
Us people, weighing the pros and cons much later
than the palms scrunching onto the last shark bite.
Maybe we go through the Drive-Thru, getting off the iCloud.
What that hell is going on, when we are all fly-over states,
holding the concept of a better home, in a better place.

2 comments:

  1. i'm imploding
    to tell you that this night
    has been awarded to you
    of all the pirouetting sleepy thugs and hearts
    this night is for your mantle eternally
    but i will be the one to dance my fingers over it when you are dirtying every last spatula in the other room

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hurts when I stumble over myself.
    The nights full of kitchens.
    It aches to grasp it aches to grasp it aches.
    I feel like I will only ever be an island.

    You are a tumbling snowstar with the beautyhurt of hello.

    ReplyDelete