Monday, November 14, 2011

how many eighth notes will it take to get to the core of just how much sleep I'm willing to miss?


  1. Awake.
  2. Damnit, I was having such a nice dream to. What time is it? 4 A.M., you kiddin’ me? I put up with enough of this bullshit at work, I don’t need it here.
  3. Shit.
  4. Who’s making that noise? They need to shut up, I swear to god.
  5. Wait.
  6. Is that music? Singing?
  7. Bullshit.
  8. Wait.
  9. It’s not bad actually. Maybe something I could go to sleep to.
  10. Shit I know this song too! Grandma used to sing it to me when I had a bad day. I never knew what she was saying though, that respirator wasn’t too kind to her. Come to think of it, neither was I. Too many Darth Vader jokes.
  11. Music! This is not music. Music is mental filler for commuters between work and home. This is the creation of a muse or a… a… an angel. This is incredible.
  12. I can almost see her. Maybe if I open the window more…
  13. You are beautiful! Your beauty could make the morning come early!
  14. Woman, you created a new emotion.
  15. An emotion that is not logged in the books.
  16. An emotion that not even a 1950’s broadcaster could emulate.
  17. What are you? Did I even awake?
  18. I need to say something.
  19. I try not to make a habit of asking angels for favors, but those halos are too inviting.
  20. I need to say something.
  21. 4 A.M is no longer a time, it’s a state of mind.
  22. I need to say something.
  23. Yes. I can’t explain what she is stirring in me, but I have to try.
  24. She needs to know.
  25. It’s 4 A.M.
  26. I need to say.
  27. She needs to know.
  28. Alright woman, I hope you hear me, but more importantly, I hope you know…
  29. “HEY WOMAN…shut the fuck up! It’s 4 in the fuckin’ A.M. and I need some sleep damnit! I get enough of this shit at work and I don’t need it here….shit…”
  30. I sigh.
  31. She cries.
  32. I lay down.
  33. She’s now away.
  34. She needed to know.
  35. Finally, some fucking sleep.
-post by someone I forgot to ask if they wanted to be anonymous or what

No comments:

Post a Comment