Friday, November 25, 2011

Avoidance #1: Morgan Spurloch


"Kristin, tell Alex who you met!"
"Spurloff--what? Yes, oh. Hmm. Do you know Fastfood Nation?"
"Huh-uh," Alex says.
"Supersize me?"
"Nope."
What.
"Oh, well, okay. He is a documentarian who changed the entire world and you need to internet more because this guy is the reason middle class children are a little less unhealthy."


I didn't say that. But mostly, yes, that is how I introduced this:

"I met Spurloch with my documentary class and after our Q & A session we shook his hand. The three guys in front of me all said, 'thank you, nice to meet you' and the only girl in the class, me, said, 'thank you. You are a rising star.' Spurloch just said, 'oh...kay.' And I'm pretty sure my professor who I am entirely afraid of heard me.

I walked out quickly, didn't make eye contact with anyone and waited at the top of the stairs for Kevin who I begged to come even though he was sick. I couldn't walk into Spurloch's greatest lecture ever told alone."

This post is dedicated to Kevin V. Garfoot for without whom I would have died.

No comments:

Post a Comment