Tuesday, July 12, 2011

tornadoes 2010

last summer kara, sam, rondon, and i went all the way to new glarus to join a volleyball game with too many guys and two salty girls. we only knew kevin. We should have stayed in the church or some place when the tornado hit. But, we drove back. Windows down.

dumb but fun. i had my iPod with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon on it and because I drove like a crazy person there, Sam was chosen to drive us back. Through the storm. And it was so strong it pushed the car sideways. It felt like our wheels and road were playing a game of tug'o'war. I texted my mom that we were lying low and staying outside of the tornado's way.

And we could see funnel clouds on either side of us. Sam, silent. Rondon smoking his entire pack of cigarettes. Kara panicking in the passenger seat. And me, gleefully hanging out the window hoping to never forget the feeling of being our Dorothy.

No comments:

Post a Comment