Monday, July 18, 2011

never trust a tree


"...like the way people's voices sound after getting up early in the morning, something faintly wistful and hoarse and eager in it, ready for a new day." -from Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac.

-----

baby, I been brewed
to the bone, can't breathe on through
my calendar's dates & dues

but I must ask you
would you mind holding the phone
for a quick moment of two?
(my boss called me while I was stuck in between two boulders
twice.
and later that week I explained why my voice was cracking
and I seemed to want to end the call so soon
and she asked, why would you answer?

and I guess my reason was, "because it was you.")
----

K: Is this safe?
M: Yes.
K: Mike, is this safe for me?
M: We...will catch you.

___

Orangutan pine
resting in the melted snow
painting with vine
;;;;;;;;;;;
short nap on the boulders
hydrate with the dirty snow, biting every
few minutes on granules.

No comments:

Post a Comment