Friday, July 1, 2011

momma's coming over to exchange the dresser for the vanity


Am I supposed to make myself scarce or hang around when your mother comes over? Because you say from time to time that your body aches by how you miss her (and I don't want to get in the way of that quality time, man) but maybe you want her to better get to know the crazy person you live with? Because I am sure what she has heard about me must not be terribly reassuring for a mother. And if I hung around there is an 80% chance that she may like me and then trust me more. Not that she has reasons to distrust me?

But, dude, should I go to the library and run interweb-errands or stick around and bleach the sink and read a science fiction novel and make nice chit-chatting sounds with her?

Because I am inclined to hide and find a dark corner to journal about making the wrong decisions all the time.

My brother and I stayed up most of all night last night texting each other on how obtuse we are because when we care, we care and it becomes intense in how we focus on those and the thats that we do care about. And all else falls away, as they say.

So, damn, can you spell it out for me? Hold my hand a little? Because I am so very willing to make an ass of myself for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment