Monday, June 25, 2012

We Climb Devil's Lake (or) Impala Lounge Efforts


         At this apex you draw something obscene. Your hand can't handle it. We've come too far. I nibble on your coat tail as you create new gods. Our old ones grew comely. Will you herald my late nights, my dates with all these word smiths. Will you achieve a solution for my patience cause you know I hate waiting so long to say sorry. I need you to do the simplest things: build me elemental, toward the effect of my freedom. I need you to now paint the sky of night so I can drive home on my bike, percolating with all this opportunity in me. These gentle Colorado mountains in my pants, groaning from my knees, these Fallujah clouds blooming at my elbow. I know I can do it do you know you can do it? Maneuver your muscles over the rock face. Avoid the large spider and hissing squirrel in the periphery. At this apex you've forgotten about everything and only feel body, body, body.

1 comment:

  1. i like how many moments are put in here. It's like a mood ring, adjusting to what color it will settle on. And, the result is, the reader gets a feel for the overall flavor/opinion of summer.

    i like how rich this is.

    ReplyDelete