Monday, June 11, 2012

Before you! BEFORE you! Before YOU!

before you I thought carnival claw machines were rigged
before you                                I didn't have to wear a bib
before you, who refused Yoohoo!, I forgot the percentage
of deaths in the Midwest from slipping in the shower, undressed.

Coasters make sense!  Libertarians speak English!        I rest!
before you                   I tumbled and clocked the hours I was still
before you, I did not know I just was not meant for a box.
before you, I bemoaned my rounded corners.

before you I had to pay Frances 15 dollars to watch the plants while on tour
today, I request the river Styx to water the lillies when I am away.

You are my snow petal.

1 comment:

  1. this is lovely.
    especially like the way the lines "hours i was still/before you" run into each other and can be read two ways.
    unique love verse.feels real
    great pic too

    ReplyDelete