Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"Chosen" and "Chamakay" meditations on writing and whatever forever means for you





I work in obsessions, pretty much knead that shit too death,
but quietly. 
A cursory knowledge of everything 
one being has ever done,
and then barely speaking about it
to the chorus of my fellow 
routine-doomed-human-family
around me. 
But time and this chorus, this justly
formed bass and the clicks, 
the sweet and sad "I want to choose"
with the horns in the background,
while a sun lights up
his grandfather's house.
Family history style cavorting 
friends dancing against 
brick walls in your mind in your life
make something.
Make something like this that 
lasts, I tell myself. 
Some independent piece of work that will give some too-sad adult
an eternal feeling.
Just keep trying.
Keep writing.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way you take the visual and sound imagery that the artists creates in his music video and convert it to poetic energy. For me, you breathed life into the artist in which you spoke about, your poetry, and the idea of you. You paint such a beautiful picture of a warm atmosphere with lively animated characters, while showing off your ability to be the grand architect of conveyance through the use of the wholesome words as your beautiful bricks. You create the most beautiful poem castle through the laying of those bricks to create such refined lines. Then at the end of the poem you make us aware of you. You make us aware of your commitment to creating. This is poem is warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you write
    thoughtfully, without hurry

    This encouraged me
    and made me happy

    I want to always stay commitment-creative

    ReplyDelete