Saturday, April 7, 2012

Friends Long Enough


To Sekhmet,

when you're friends enough long-time enough with someone
,
right? , you sometimes forget why and how and for whaT?
                    and how the subtle somethings you share,
now share                 go missed like breaths under the sound of
waves.                 but then sometimes when you spend
the entire day staring at your mom's cat             you realize
that             YOU SCARE ME YOU ASK SO MUCH OF ME
YOUR EYES I CAN TELL KNOW WHEN I AM
LYING TO MYSELF      AND YOU KNOW MY SHIVERING
MY BACK OF MY HEAD      MY BLANKET SOFTNESS
IN COMPARISON        AND THAT OF COURSE I BELIEVE
IN THINGS LIKE a "nation" AND SOULMATES
IT IS JUST RIGHT NOW, FOR A BRIEF YEAR,
                 I AM A KID THROWING A FIT.
and i really do like that sometimes I catch myself flubbering,
stammering, flowing, holing, and sweeping a little closer to
how you do it.             (and when we yell together, it's fun.)

-Selene

No comments:

Post a Comment