Wednesday, April 4, 2012

consolation


rain shattering the smell of apples
changing the ground into a bed for the shining day and the loss of light
the embossed sky, carrying the black night clouds knows nothing of the Mirrors
that lie on the grass and reflect radiant emotion between them


they catch the sunlight and hide behind the glass.
Someone spoke through my rare silence,
"an apple the size of the world would have atoms the size of apple"

it brings a feeling to mind

a feeling as blue as the orb on which we stand; that Earth, it cares for Nothing else.
Looking outside.  The clouds suddenly carry the threats and daggers.
Faster than light and sound, cascading you with a statement


Unknowing is:


Wonder in a blue, pixel texture
see a world dash beneath the surface of a rippling soul, chasing itself back over your
tracks; you
stay in the pain of solitude


It is suffering at the place where the desert knows only mirrors and apples
And the idea it planted percolates into your mind.  Being, feeling:

"like an empty apple"


Approaching you like a subject of death, it bears a question


Who spreads raindrops on chairs and tables for feasts?
The men and women who enjoy each other's company
Have no loss at absence.  Instead they drink the captured and discarded liquid of golden
rays and saving grace.


The head of the party.  A pensive elephant.  She threads her needle with the grass from the meadow of the living


She spreads the green, soft color with the moon peeking through the shadows of her ears.

You can see the fumbled tears fall from her eyes.
And the charred folds of skin rest on the hillside.


Look farther on.  Take heart at the changing color and spinning day
What cool green now becomes purple over black
On the sides of falling light, these colors make a circle.
The tunnel traverses miles and light spreads across the caverns between you

Between you and the elephant,
Between you and the soft thread

Stretching between that clear embroidery upon which space floats
And hearts dance and break like the depths of death following the mountains of life. The tunnel broken evenly between them.

The waves are flowing gently over them…

Beating heart, I feel thy blood flow through my very elbow, my creaking back and nodding head.

The atoms in an apple. The particles of fear and taste and electric desire…

I shrink my mind to fit on the head of a pin. In between two molecules, I hide my soul. I struggle to pack my memories behind an atom.

To escape. To answer. All the questions you hear. You don’t need to pay for postage.

You already know the return address.

A single molecule,
An atom
A quark
A spark of blackness and a twinge from a crinkle of an eyebrow

There I find consolation. There, I choose not to go.
Turning my back

Consciousness;
Escapes me at once

-Cruz Morales

2 comments:

  1. i love this! love the recycling of images, the cycles of life/death of the atom and the size of our universe/minds. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Cruz, I already told you this but the "Apple" image will continue to rattle me.

    ReplyDelete