Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I was writing about thabout thoughts. and i thought then of you, cold wash cycle. maybe it is bygone and that's okay too. disregard this in such a cas


I had a dream I had a dream
And you were just like you
And he was wearing a tie and a skinny shirt and he was terrible as he is
And she was half-heartedly exuberant
as she is
and I ran back to the van thinking my blue volleyball sweatshirt to be ridiculable
as i do
you were wearing a white dress and standing in the yard of a corner house
holding a brown briefcase
I do not know if flowers surrounded you or if it is an illusion that follows you
I passed you and said something slight,
Unfitting for the sight of you is heroin every time
You said then,
You’re mean,
the way you would
I love the thought of you regardless what from or for
I had a dream my brother had died
and I was recalling the phone call from my mother
I asked Chelsea in the morning if she’d heard me crying in my sleep
I was wearing the shoes I’d bought the night before.
the name of the tarnished gangster on the arches underneath was covered by tape.
Entirely aware that if caught I would by law belong to fates unfathomable,
I peeled away the tape and let my hair down
One candle burning upon the television table
No television

A television
watching the news watching the news my brother is dead? watching the news
And the muddy sky creeping around the drapes.
This is the romance of cigars
The intercourse of smoke and air
The immensity of silence
The passing of time
The bastard cigarette
A vein of running water
a slab of cement, any slab
A girl
greasy glowing hair sliding over her shoulder
Small soft breasts bright and bare
Most men dead and far away
wet dirt packed between the pearls around her neck
And the moon
Almost completely undisturbed
blue light blue grass
blue water blue
eyes
And all of these things unspoken
now nothing left pure or unbroken an obsession with things unreal.
and a blue volleyball sweatshirt
dropped by a kid
A Dope
A Grand Canyon!
ANY CANYON!
ANGRY!! SCRI!!!BBLING!!!!!
FEROCI!!!OUS PENC!!!IL BRAKING!!!!!!!!!!!

-used lamb's ear


-Billy Yakner

No comments:

Post a Comment