Wednesday, October 1, 2014

97065

"you do know that, right?" Beth asked me, while in a Y-turn out of the farmer's driveway.  "You are a farm girl, you know that the catalytic converter could start this on fire again?"

I am not a farm girl but I did not try very hard to fight that image in Beth's head.  She knew very little about where I was from, other than that Oregon and Wisconsin share a federal government, have football teams and that my home state is quite cheeeeeeeeesey, and that my being overweight could have been prevented if I grew up in Oregon.  Because reasons.  

We were visiting farmers suffering from the drought.  These farmers agreed to push back their harvest for a F*** commercial.  In the world of numbers, the farmers would make the same amount of money no matter if harvest happened last week or next.  But, they did not know that they were agreeing to putting off harvest until the day their farms would go up in flame, soot, smoke.

----

No comments:

Post a Comment