Saturday, August 24, 2013

Series of Lies #23

Oh!  Ha!  Did I tell you about the time I lied to customs at Heathrow Airport in London?  They were suspicious of my overwhelming youth & beauty & statistically relevant features for those who are likely to overstay the visa welcome.  I also didn't know the address of the hotel.  And the phone number of my travelling pal was missing one number.  And I said he had a girlfriend.  And he said how odd that a girlfriend would allow an attractive foreigner follow her boyfriend around so!  And I said well that isn't odd one bit!  And her name is Margaret Pettigrew.  We call her Maggie.  And then he talked to his supervisor.  And then I said I didn't want to say I was a lesbian because I wasn't sure if the UNITED KINGDOM was okay with gay.  He said oh we don't mind that here.  I sweated through my shirts.  Maybe he thought I was suspicious because I was sweating a lot when I approached him initially.  Who knows.  He said he didn't trust me but I had to make sure I didn't work and I left within 30 days.  Not. A. Problem.

Then I used my first payphone at Trafalgar Sq.  

1 comment:

  1. you are the eyes in the backyard
    that while the trees scream in the
    [hot grey icy clear pebble] vapor dunes,
    curl up and melt cool
    and throw a humming laser
    square into the eyes in the backyard
    that bubble with stomach acid with nothing to acidify
    and you are these words in midst that
    unlikely are interpreted accurately by outer minds including yours
    but mean just what they mean to the minds on the inner
    and mean it as much as his toes curl under when the sky man rolls up in black wool. poetry is as dead as we will be. the way you are to me is alive as we are. and apologies are useful when you think it will mean anything at all.

    i thinkk all i really wanted to say was that "you are actual in the next world: the world paper thin at the top of the scapula"

    I'm reading steinbeck-To a god unknown
    and he reminds that
    things like
    [trying to justify myself]
    [i'm selfish; you are a cryptid yet]
    {and so ^those^ aren't cryptic words..
    I meant that your selfishness is a flavor that i can't see or recognize and i can only taste the lavender and the lemon
    and the popcorn

    ReplyDelete