Monday, July 16, 2012

I travel by Meru


When I travel, I am not alone
My thoughts keep me company,
as they meander from topic
to topic, sometimes until I snap 
to attention upon realizing 
I've been daydreaming again.

How thoughts and feelings transition
from a subject to a person,
or to expand an idea is mysterious
and as ancient as it can get.

it's strange how my thinking can be
like watching train cars zip by,
with me being a bystander,
the one not in control in the engine room
I simply wait for the train to stop
so that I can board

Does mood influence thought?
Or is thought derived from the flow
of hormones that drift across the brain,
coating the synapses within the skull
only to overtake my rationale?

I often gaze at book titles, in silent awe
Supposing and observing how
thoughts become concrete, as they transition
into physical, printed words and pages
to touch, turn, and ponder upon.

Then the thoughts begin anew.

-Meru

No comments:

Post a Comment